Day 1.

Day 1.
Task for today - take up photography again

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stay Calm Or Ill Shoot!

Before bed last night I made grand plans to get up at 6ish to go for a jog along the beautiful Bondi to Bronte path in Sydney - I really confident I would do it - that is until my alarm went off and I remembered that I am not a morning person in the slightest.. oh well.. I have oh 51 more weeks to work on that before my 'year of health' is up.

So I, as I do every morning, hit the snooze button. 3 times. Yes I was late to work (but still the first one there - hello team??) and no I didn't look fab for my first meeting out of the office for the year pitching our artist to a magazine. Although I did manage a fab pair of heels to compensate..

New to the beverage list today I made a new concoction made from Vital Greens - I lovely green powder as the name reveals full of everything healthy under the sun to add to my banana smoothie (with rice milk that you very much). I am actually doing ok so far on the food front, lunch was a vege/chickpea/corn mixture with a tin of sardines (random I know) carrot and celery sticks with a teaspoon of ABC paste (tastes like peanut butter but better - Almond, Brazil Nut and Cashew spread - nice and high in the good fats) and for dinner steamed salmon with a little spinach, basil and fresh corn - whola!! Healthy eating down packed.

Slight fearing the weekend and my lack of will power..

Note to self - MUST do exercise tomorrow and work on being less hectic at work - repeat after me 'I am zen'

1 comment:

  1. Hope your weekend went ok. It took me some time (like ALL of last year) to figure out how to exercise on the weekends, and I am re-learning again after the holiday hiatus I took.

    And as for becoming a morning person - same thing. I actually became a morning person two years ago (I used to love sleeping in until 10am or noon on weekends) and now it's 6am. 5:30 during the winter because the sun is perfect at that time for a run. Too bright by 6. LOL 7am is "sleeping in"! It helps to find out how much sleep is your perfect amount (trial and error) and commit to going to bed EXACTLY that many hours before you want to wake up.

    My biggest tip for waking up? Put the alarm on the other side of the house (make sure you can hear it) so you have to walk all that way to turn it off, and by then, it's a major choice, get up and make coffee, or be a "slacker" or a "wimp" (It helps to actually make names at yourself) and go back to bed. That's what I do anyway,and it works. Then again, if I don't rush to turn it off, the kids will wake up, and my whole morning alone time would be ruined. No good.

    Good luck! Great blog. Keep with it!

    ReplyDelete